First Island Group is seeking a web developer with at least three years related work experience.
As a web developer, you will be involved in the gathering, documenting, implementation of new websites and the maintenance of current websites. You also will be expected to work unattended and be proactive. You need to be a self-learner.
• A degree in Computer Science, comparable educational level or experience developing websites.
• Good oral & written communication skills in English, French and Mauritian Creole
• Ability to analyse requirements and document specifications
• Extensive experience with technical software development (understands online and batch concepts. Fluent in best practices)
• Good knowledge on database design and performance concepts
• Ability to develop, execute, and document test scripts
• Adhere to corporate standards for software development and change management
• Working knowledge of Restful Web Services
• Server management and knowledge of Server security.
• Knowledge of Model View Controller concept.
TECHNICAL SKILLS (3 YRS EXPERIENCE+)
• Database such as MySQL or equivalent.
• Lamp (Optional)
• Object oriented concepts
• HTML 5
• Apache webserver or Similar
• Linux administration or similar
• XSS vulnerabilities
• Front and back-end design
• Search Engine Optimisation
First Island Group was launched in 1996 and now operates in a variety of sectors including financial services, accounting, company management, property development, hospitality and media. First Island Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com or use the link below: